Sunday 15 September 2013

SNAKE!!!!!!

Point blank, I'm terrified of snakes. Living in Singapore, it's a more valid fear to have, as they are everywhere, and I am terrified of finding one in an awkward location, like under my bed.
Which might explain why, today, after seeing one calmly sitting on a post I had dropped my bag and ran straight for the house. Easy explanation? No. You ignore my naturalist instinct, which right then was in a fierce fight with the 'run for your life' one. So you might be a little more surprised when I came sprinting back towards the snake with a camera around my neck. This snake was playing it cool, flicking its head back and forth, almost like it was bobbing to a song blasting through its headphones. Its slender green body curled around the stone post, and it was watched in eager and horrified fascination by a helper and a toddler, as well as my brother the Cheetah (who has yet to publish his long-suffering guest post). My brother was just waiting for someone to come and kill it. Me? I, despite my terrification (that should be a word) of snakes, I didn't want it to die. It had a kind of horrible beauty to it as it swayed in the wind.
To be fair, I have no idea what snake this is.
 I moved around for a better angle and it chose that moment to go away. Of course. No snake would like me. The security guard and I listened for tell-tale rustlings in the leaves and trees but there was nothing other than the wind- or was it?

The Glasswing Butterfly

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, commenter.
Nice to know you're showing interest in what we're doing. The Glasswing Butterfly and the Blobfish urge you to be nice while commenting and will hunt you down and find you if you aren't. You don't want to see a near-invisible butterfly and a gloppy slimy blob outside your front door. Trust me.