Monday 10 June 2013

Collared Kingfisher: Lepidopteraphiles




I know...... I know........ a kingfisher isn't EXACTLY a butterfly. But I saw this one on a butterfly 'expedition' as my brother likes to call it, and I would like to do a post about it.
Here is the link to my PN photos: http://www.projectnoah.org/spottings/26034054
I was sadly walking away from the place I had gone for my 'expedition' because I hadn't really seen anything. A collared kingfisher had shown itself, but really high up/far away, and I'd gotten a photo of it in flight, but quite frankly a terrible one (pic #4 here). Then I saw it perched quite low on a branch of a tree. As stealthily as a tiger I crept across the drain, eyes firmly pressed to the camera, finger click-clicking away, when it flew down to the ground. Click! Click! Click! Then it flew off- click!- and that is the story of the first photo. It danced around a little more- going here, going there, with the camera and I forever in tow before it flew off to unknown lands. But I had my photos, and I was happy. Please favorite on Noah!
And here are my photos: 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, commenter.
Nice to know you're showing interest in what we're doing. The Glasswing Butterfly and the Blobfish urge you to be nice while commenting and will hunt you down and find you if you aren't. You don't want to see a near-invisible butterfly and a gloppy slimy blob outside your front door. Trust me.